Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

TransportError Received: Check your proxy credentials for accuracy error Google BigQuery

spencd2
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, 

I'm trying to use the Google BigQuery Input Tool and have been receiving the following error

Error: Google BigQuery Input (1): TransportError received. Check your proxy credentials for accuracy.

I've worked with my data administrators to set up a service account to facilitate service-to-service authentication, per the Google BigQuery Input Tool documentation (link below). They gave me a service account JSON key file, which I input into the tool to get started. 

I can see the BigQuery tables I have access to in the Input Tool, but when I select one and attempt to run a workflow with a simple browse tool, I get the proxy credentials error.

The JSON key file is the only credentials I know of. My data admin confirms it's configured correctly so I'm at a dead end. Any ideas?

Thanks

Google BigQuery Input Tool Documentation:  https://help.alteryx.com/20221/designer/google-bigquery-input-tool

6 REPLIES 6
Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@spencd2 if you haven't gotten this figured out yet, try going to Options > User Settings > Advanced User Settings > Advanced (tab)

At the bottom there is a setting for enabling and using proxy credentials. Try adding those credentials there and let us know how that works.

Treyson_0-1654019978008.png

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
RobinsEgg
5 - Atom

Hi Treyson, 

I have the same issue, but when I go to the User Settings--Advanced-- Enable Proxy credentials 

It says I don't have any proxy in use. It doesn't seem to matter whether this is checked or unchecked. 

Can you advise what is going on?

Thanks!

RobinsEgg_0-1659124153109.png

spencd2
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Treyson. I guess I'm sure what the proxy credentials would even be? Do you have an example of typical proxy credentials?

I know I had to set up a company-specific google account for access to BigQuery - is that a possibility?

Thanks

David 

Prashant
5 - Atom

I would like to know Google big query required proxy server or not? do you got any solution about this issue? 

Prashant
5 - Atom

It's not working 

kfojut
5 - Atom

I am also having an issue when running the Google BigQuery Input tool. I am able to access the tables but am receiving the following error: TransportError received. Check your proxy credentials for accuracy. Has anyone figured out  the fix for this or the reason behind this error?

Labels