Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

ToNumber "yyyy-mm-dd" Lost information in conversion & Conversion error Limit Reached

dkma
Astéroïde

Hi Everyone, Hope everyone is doing well. 

I have dataset which consists of around 800,000 records, and out of those hugh number of Records, THere is a column which contains "date" in Numeric format. like "43549" There are almost 800,000 records in the date column. Now I'm trying to change the format to Alteryx Default Date format. 

i tried using ToDate() function, and  datetimeadd(ToDate('1900-01-01'),ToNumber([Date Col]), 

THis is running giving expected results in the Alteryx Desktop designer, But when I try to run on gallery it is throwing 

-   ToNumber "yyyy-mm-dd" Lost information in conversion 

-  Conversion error Limit Reached

Anyone has any idea how to resolve on the gallery side. 

Please help. 

9 RÉPONSES 9
cjaneczko
Pulsar

Try this.

DateTimeAdd("1900-01-01",[Date Col]-2,"days")

image.png 

Raj
Magnétar

Use fromual 
TOdate

as "43549" will be converted to "2019-03-25"

this will help.

Raj
Magnétar

ToDate(your field")

dkma
Astéroïde

I know above formulas  that., It is running on Desktop designer, but it is not working Gallery side it is throwing 

dkma
Astéroïde

I know above formulas  that., It is running on Desktop designer, but it is not working Gallery side it is throwing 

cjaneczko
Pulsar

Are there null or blank values in your dataset?

dkma
Astéroïde

No

binuacs
Arcturus

@dkma The error says you have some values in the format of yyyy-mm-dd, you can check the same in the designer using a filter tool

Contains([Field],'-')

dkma
Astéroïde

@binuacs @cjaneczko @Raj 

Everyone, Thanks for your time and efforts.

https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/Converting-strings-to-numbers-1583460179993?secureweb=... - this article helped me to fix 

Étiquettes