Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

The system cannot find the path specified

dunkindonut7777
8 - Asteroid

Hi I have problem importing my zipped excel files in the canvas because as soon as I imported the files, there is an error that will prompt. 

dunkindonut7777_0-1653447628775.png

I was just confused because last month there would be no error if i run this workflow but then after the system updates, this has now occur. Can you help me fix this issue please?

5 REPLIES 5
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@dunkindonut7777 
Are you also opening the Excel file when you run the flow?

We have also observed the erro message for the new version.

dunkindonut7777
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Qiu even if I close all the excel files, nothing's changed. Same error. Do you have any suggestion on how can I fix this?

DataNath
17 - Castor

Is there a chance the files have been moved/altered when updating the system @dunkindonut7777? Perhaps try switching your inputs to a relative filepath, rather than absolute and see if that helps? I'm guessing this is consistent even if you reconfigure the input as if it were a new workflow?

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Relative-Paths/ta-p/1160

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@dunkindonut7777 
Thank you for the feedback.
I woud have to agree with @DataNath , except the file is not there, I can not think of other reasons...

mschmeiser
7 - Meteor

My Alteryx version was just upgraded from 2020.4 to 2021.4 and am encountering the same issue identified above in which the system cannot find the path. I even tried manually selecting the zip file, folder and xlsx within the zip. Assuming that this is a bug within the Alteryx version, has this been resolved? If not, any guidance to resolve would be appreciated.

Labels