Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Text mining analysis using alteryx

prerana44
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I have a data in which we have feedbacks from the customers I want to remove all the personal information like name number address account details etc. from the feedback column and then save the file as an output, how can I do that using Alteryx?

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
CarliE
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @prerana44 ,

All you have to do is drag a select tool on the canvas, connect it to your data and deselect the fields you do not want to bring in. After that, put an output tool on the canvas attached to the select tool.

If it is in one column, can you provide some dummy data. you will want to split the data out first.

If this helped solve your problem, please mark it as a solution to help others on the community.

Thanks,

Carli
prerana44
5 - Atom

Hey Carlie,

Thank you for the response but my question was bit different there is one column named feedback summary in my data where customers have written their feedback and sometime they mention some personal information like first name,last name,mobile no,account no,ssn etc so from the feedback column I have to recognize those personal info and then remove it from their feedback and save rest of the feedback in an output file which basically doesn't include any personal info of the customer.

for example if in the sentence somebody has written Mr. or thanks, regards so we know after that they will write their name so we need to remove their names. 

Thanks

Labels