Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

TS Forecasting

NM
7 - Meteor

I am using ARIMA tool for forecasting sales of a particular product. I have to forecast sales of 35 different products with same starting and ending period. Is there a way to forecast sales by running ARIMA or any other tool JUST ONCE instead of running it MULTIPLE TIMES for each product separately.

Any help will be appreciated!

16 REPLIES 16
parefr
5 - Atom

I have an issue with the TS Model Factory, where I have 5 years of data on a weelkly basis and I am trying to forecast the sales of 32 000 products for the next 6 weeks.  TS Model Factory and TS Forecast Factory are taking a really long time for each products (30 seconds each).  Is there a way to make it run faster?

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

@parefr  as you may be aware,

1. alteryx does the forecasts iteratively not in parallel... (at least not yet)

2. But you can run multiple workflows in parallel

So I would suggest this;

• split your SKU's to forecast into N=2,3,4,5,6... how many parallel workflows you would like to run...
  • Assign a random number (integer) to each SKU limited with N
  • Open up the workflow multiple times and filter out SKU's by N=1, N=2, and so on...
  • Union all the results into a single data set later on...

This will parallelize your work hopefully...

Best

dhavasa3
7 - Meteor

Hi ,

I think I am missing something here. 

My data has sales ranks for each region (denoted by postcode) from July 2016 to June 2019 at a monthly level. I am trying to predict the sales bin number for June 2019.  So there are more than two complete cycles (2*12=24 months) here.

Please see the attached data. My target is 2019-06-01 and the data is grouped by post_code.

However the model says there aren't sufficient records at post code level for prediction and asks to provide more. Help is much appreciated.

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

First things first,

your data is not in the right format... You should transpose the data...

Then for a one-off forecast select one of the groups (postcode etc)  and do either ETS or ARIMA...

Attached a workflow that I predict both one group and a random selection of 10 groups forecasted at once...

Best

Picture1.png

Vighnesh_Ivaturi
7 - Meteor

Hi BridgeT.My data has 11 thousand customer ID and I need Cost amount forecast for each ID. I tried using TS factory model and TS factory forecast for my data. But the forecasted data is giving same amount for all the months of each customer. For eg: If customer ID is 145678 its forecasting 348 for all the 12 months. Can you please help me with this?

taylorbyers
6 - Meteoroid

How do you configure the TS Model Factory Tool to Select the Frequency and either ARIMA or ETS?

hafiznaim
5 - Atom

Hi, I've already downloaded the Time Series tool in Alteryx Designer 2023.1, but not tools  for  TS Factory Sample. How to make sure i have it? Fyi, i already download Alteryx Intelligence.

downloaded it from official website
where i choose Alteryx Predictive Tools 

Labels