Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Subtraction

SJBI
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

Im getting the data from two summary transformers now I need to subtract both the results.I know this questions looks funny & basic. But i'm struck.

Ex:

Summary1 output(Named :Total Offerings): 20

Summary2 Output(Named: Total Purchases) 10

Im looking for Calculation:

Summary1- Summary2

Please correct me if I'm doing in wrong way. I used Union Transform and made to single column (Manually Configure Fields). After this point I couldn't move further. Could you help in resolving this issue.

Regards,

SJBI

5 REPLIES 5
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
One (of many) approaches might be to JOIN the summaries (by record position) and the use a formula tool to create a new variable, DIFFERENCE, between them.
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
SJBI
8 - Asteroid

Thank you. I tried this way before but didnt get through it. Thank you for the tip :)

MandeB
5 - Atom

kennethli
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

There are actually quite a lot of ways to to do it. The most direct way would be as Marquee asid, join them together and then create new field for difference.

Here I created an example using different ways and looking at the performance, seems using append field would save a little bit of time (not much but a little bit).

1.PNG

All I want to say is when designing a more complex workflow, performance could become an issue and need to be aware of how to refine it.

As far as I know, join will embed a sorting action in output so it might sligtly influencing the speed. Anyway, it all depends on what you need to do and all apprach are correct as long as it works.

Happy designing!

Kenneth

SJBI
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for tip  Smiley Wink. As you said Yes performance matters when handling huge amount of data. I totally agree with you.

Labels