Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Spatial Match - Not Recognizing Match Between Polygons (target) and Points (universe)

amandalanganke
6 - Meteoroid

Hi team,

I am trying to identify in which polygon (in a set of polygons target) each of a list of points (universe) is located at, but my match results keep empty. I am wondering whether I am not handling the geography data right (this is my first time using the Spatial Tools in Alteryx :) )

Any insight on why the match output keeps empty?

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @amandalanganke I think you need to check your data here as looks like a quality issue - if we Browse your cluster of polygons, they're in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean:

DataNath_0-1668780352752.png

Whereas your Centroids are all in South America:

DataNath_1-1668780374760.png

So naturally, there'll be no matching here.

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

Hi @amandalanganke 

Adding onto what @DataNath  has said above, it looks like your polygons have reversed lat/long, but I think that's been generated outside this workflow. By reversing the Lat/Long of the centroids, you can match 1796 records, but they're matching in that wrong location (i.e in the ocean).

JamesCharnley_0-1668780770444.png

amandalanganke
6 - Meteoroid

Super thanks! I have downloaded the polygon dataset from an official government website, but guess it not reliable.. 

amandalanganke
6 - Meteoroid

That is already super helpful! Thks a lot

Labels