Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sharepoint File Upload

JamesC
6 - Meteoroid

Is there a way to just upload a local file to Sharepoint, with the option to overwrite if it already exists?

I've tried the Sharepoint Output tool, but it's making a bit of a mess of my file (XLSX), so I was hoping for a simple upload option similar to how the Input tool allows you to download for processing with other tools.

12 REPLIES 12
wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @JamesC 

Can you share a bit more information on the issue you've had with the Sharepoint Output tool?

If we can get that working, this would be the easiest solution.

Thanks

Will

JamesC
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Will,

There's a couple of minor formatting issues (Existing sheet order is altered, for example), and one larger one where I'm not quite sure how it's handling the data. I'm overwriting two sheets, and leaving a third sheet alone in the same XLSX file (With a Block Until Done between writes)

When writing dates they aren't translating correctly, "2020-04-01" (Date type) becomes "2090-04-03 00:00:00" once written to Sharepoint. "2021-11-30" becomes "2091-12-02 00:00:00"

Do you know why it's offsetting about 70 years?

Thanks,

James

wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi James,

Very interesting on the dates perspective, this is definitely not the expected behaviour and having just tested myself I don't see a reason this is occuring.

- Can you share a screenshot of the metadata of your data prior to the upload (available in results window tab)

- Can you test whether the same behaviour occurs when either writing to a new sheet / file?

Thanks

Will

JamesC
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @wdavis,

Here's the metadata, Period From / Period To are the two columns which are having issues

JamesC_0-1669368270472.png

I tried to write a single sheet to a new file, but I get this error regardless of XLSX or CSV:

Error: SharePoint Output (339): Selected extension does not match with file extension.

Writing to a brand new sheet in an existing file also has trouble with dates:

JamesC_1-1669369421188.png

JamesC_2-1669369440828.png

JamesC_3-1669369459615.png

Thanks,

James

wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @JamesC 

Can you confirm the version of the connector you're using? If you click on the tool from the toolbar it will show you this.

Kind regards,

Will

JamesC
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @wdavis, I'm using:

SharePoint Output 2.2.0

Designer 2022.1.1.25127 x64

wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Can you test the older connector, 2.1.0 please? https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Community-Gallery/Sharepoint-Tools/ta-p/877903

I've raised  internally as it looks like a bug in the newer version.

Thanks

Will

JamesC
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @wdavis,

I've tried 2.1.0, it can connect and read the directory listing but can't write any data

Writing a new file:

Info: SharePoint Files Output (1): SharePoint Files Output Tool started.
Info: SharePoint Files Output (1): Record packet received!
Error: SharePoint Files Output (1): Connection to platform was not successful.

When updating an existing file, I get a schema error even when set to Overwrite Sheet or Overwrite File:

Info: SharePoint Files Output (1): SharePoint Files Output Tool started.
Info: SharePoint Files Output (1): Record packet received!
Info: SharePoint Files Output (1): File 'Test.xlsx' already exists in selected directory.
Warning: SharePoint Files Output (1): File 'Test.xlsx' skipped due to schema mismatch.

wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @JamesC 

The issue with the Date Data Type has been logged as a defect in the current version of the connector and they will look to fix this in the next release. In the interim, if you change your data type to be a 'String' prior to the upload, then in Excel it will keep the formatting with the existing date.

Let me know if this solves the issue for you!

Thanks

Will

Labels