Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Share Point Output Tool with Rendered Excel File

Kader_Bayar28
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I shared an excel file to my company's share point  but the file has lost all its format. Is there a way to upload a rendered excel file from the reporting suite using this tool?  I'd like to keep the format in table tool. 

4 REPLIES 4
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Kader_Bayar28 

if you have an existing Excel file you are loading data to and want to retain the original format, then you should create a template file and have Alteryx write to that template. You can then pick up this file and push to Sharepoint.

If this is not the issue, can you please share an example so we can see what you're trying to do?

M.

Bulien

Kader_Bayar28
6 - Meteoroid

There is not any existing Excel file. The file name includes today's date , so I can not use a template file. I want to send the report after render tool. But it does not send properly. There is a line with table information. When I try to send the report with share point output tool before table\ layout,\render , it does not keep table format like color, bold,... Is there a way to send the file after render output? 

Aditya_Mane1
5 - Atom

Any solution or work around to this? I am also facing exact same issue.

JonBCOKE
6 - Meteoroid

I see this is an old thread now, but I don't see a solution.

I think I am looking for the same thing. Really where I am stuck is where

@mceleavey wrote:

You can then pick up this file and push to Sharepoint.

I cannot find a way to accomplish this. I tried feeding a BLOB to the Sharepoint Output and it outputs raw data not the file.

I also see threads about syncing Sharepoint to File Browser, but the reason I am using the Sharepoint connectors is because this WF will be run on the Server and does not have access to File Browser.

Thank you,

Labels