Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Setting up PostGreSQL Connection without ODBC

Link86
8 - Asteroid

Is it possible to set up a PostGreSQL connection without the Alteryx ODBC PostGreSQL connector in designer? Our software team takes a while to clear drivers and software and I already have unicode drivers installed. If so, how would I do it?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
TimN
13 - Pulsar
Link86
8 - Asteroid

This basically states that an ODBC connector is required which is what I am thinking but wanted to get some validation just in case someone knew of a way that I could do it without the ODBC driver.

Thanks.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I'd be surprised if your infosec has an issue with the Postgres driver but allows Postgres in general.  Having said that - if you need to connect via JDBC or API it could be doable via Python/R or the download tool.

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Link86 

The connection method for PostgreSQL is ODBC. One of the support methods to connect to this database is to utilize an ODBC Driver.

I am not aware of any other way of connecting to this database. 

https://help.alteryx.com/20223/designer/postgresql

Hope this helps, if it does please like this post and if it helps resolve your problem, mark it as a solution. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Link86
8 - Asteroid

No, they won't have a problem with the driver, it will just take them a very long time to go through the approval processes. I will look into doing it with python or r. Thank you.

Labels