Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Separate Total Rows

MOlinski
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have attached the file that I am currently working on. What I am trying to do is automate a journal entry, but am having trouble with the totals. The attached spreadsheet contains all the correct data, the last thing that I am needing is to create two rows (or more depending on the inputted data). The two rows that I need help generating are the totals rows. What I am trying to do is create two totals rows, one for company code 1000, and the other for company code 1001. If the company code is 1000, it will add everything up in the totals column, and it will put that total in column "M" or "Entered Credit"

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
DataNath
17 - Castor

How does this look @MOlinski? I'm a little confused though, as you mention you want to create total rows, but then mention entering it into the [Entered Credit] column. In this instance, I've added the total for that corresponding [Company Code] into the [Entered Credit] column.

In the workflow I:
1 - Create an off-stream, using a select tool to make the [Total] field numeric.

2 - Group the company codes and sum their total values. This is fully dynamic if you are to add more company codes.

3 - Join the off-stream back to the main dataset, replacing the empty [Entered Credit] field with the newly calculated totals.

DataNath_0-1660765685388.png

Labels