Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Send Email based on a condition when rows are populated

ssripat3
8 - Asteroid

Hello community,

I am working on a workflow which uploads the files to Sharepoint. In the first container, the files that were successfully uploaded will be used to send an email that upload was successful.

In the second container, the files that failed to upload to Sharepoint will be used to send an email. If there are no records after joining the uploaded files with the files present in the files from the folder where the files are present that are uploaded to Sharepoint.

I would need some help where I can handle the functionality to send an email only when the Right Join has atleast one record (Files not uploaded to Sharepoint).

Please let me know if you have any additional questions, thank you. Attached is the sample workflow.

2 REPLIES 2
FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Hey @ssripat3,

You can include a formula tool after the R-Join that has the Target-E-Mail address. If there are no records, no E-Mail is provided. If there are records, the E-Mail is provided and sent.

FrederikE_0-1686083392442.pngFrederikE_1-1686083393516.png

ssripat3
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the solution @FrederikE. I think your solution also works great.

I found another solution that helped me. Referred this link - Solved: Re: Conditionally Sending an Email Using Rowcount - Alteryx Community

I will check both of them out and will use the best one.

Labels