Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Selecting user input columns issue

jakezhang
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

So essentially I want users to select 4 columns from their inputs. The workflow that I have built here don't know why but is doing the opposite, it is currently filtering out the columns that are selected and returning the columns that should be excluded. Just wondering how I can fix this?

2.png1.png

3 REPLIES 3
gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@jakezhang 

You can try Dynamic Select tool with configuration like this. Please see the attached WF.

image.png

jakezhang
6 - Meteoroid

Hi gawa,

Much appreciated for providing a solution to this.

This approach worked but when I wanted to proceed to run some conditional formulas on these selected columns, I am having some issues to reference the selected columns because the selected columns are based on user inputs. 

Just wondering if there are ways for the output to flow through to subsequent workflows?

Hope this makes sense, thanks!

gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@jakezhang 

If you want to have "dynamic" interface based on the previous process result, you can use Chain Apps. Could you refer to the below article?

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Chaining-Analytic-Apps/ta-p/243120

Labels