Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Selecting multiple inputs to cache, some deselect themselves (sometimes?)

AudreyMcPfe
7 - Meteor

Hi all!  Does anyone experience this or know why it happens?

When developing, I generally keep my inputs cached.  Sometimes this is no issue, I ctrl+click each input tool and use the context menu to Cache & Run Workflow and then go on my merry way developing or modifying the subsequent tools.

On other workflows (not recognizing a pattern of which ones), after selecting a few inputs (~3-4) successfully, on selection of a subsequent input tool, the previously selected input tools deselect themselves.  I do not select Text Input tools, and do not have many instances of Input Tools pointed to excel files - I am generally connecting to Oracle tables that I use day in & day out.  I am very careful to select only the text input tool itself and nothing around it like the container or any other non-input tool.

Ideas??

2 REPLIES 2
alisonpitt
11 - Bolide

I'm afraid that this won't be much help, except to say that I frequently have the same issue! I usually trip the deselection when using the scrollbar/scrollwheel to move around to click the next input.

I get around this by trying to keep all my inputs close enough together that I can click them all without moving the canvas. I sometimes even sequester all the input tools in one container and use wireless connections to downstream tools...that way I can just select them all at once.

Anyway...I feel your pain!!

AudreyMcPfe
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the validation, at least I'm not going crazy  :)

Labels