Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Scheduled workflow fails at Email tool with error message: Invalid JSON

franciscoruizrise
7 - Meteor

Hello everyone,

I created a workflow that manages employee information and if it detects changes in the information, it sends an email with an Excel file attached informing the changes detected.

The strange thing is that when I run the workflow manually it works fine and the email with the attachment is sent. But when the workflow performs a scheduled run, it fails (see error in screenshot).

I have two more workflows that use the same Email Tool configuration, and they also experience the same behavior. When I run the workflows manually, they take less than a minute to complete, but in the results window, we can see that it took 15 minutes of execution time before erroring out.

The Email Tool connects to Office365 using a preset Connection (Email SMTP).

In the back end of Outlook it seems that the emails are sent but in the Inbox itself they don't show in the Sent Items and the recipients didn't received the actual emails.

Has anyone encountered this type of behavior?

Is there a way to have more detail result to understand the error?

Regards,

Francisco.

franciscoruizrise_0-1681915959418.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

franciscoruizrise_1-1681915162279.png

0 REPLIES 0
Labels