Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Sales and Meeting Datasets

gparks
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all, 

I have two different datasets I am working with. The first one is sales data that list the customer ID, the amount of the sale and the close date. The second data set is meeting data which includes the customer ID, meeting date, and meeting type.It is common that a customer will have more than one meetings in a month.

I am interested in seeing if a client was contacted within 30 days of the deal closing. I am having a hard time trying to combine these two datasets and get the answer I am looking for because there are multiple entries for each client for different meeting dates and close dates. I have attached a sample of the data set.

2 REPLIES 2
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @gparks I mocked up an approach which use the date time function datetimediff to calculate the difference in days. Let me know what you think?

Datetimediff_18052021.JPG

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @gparks ,

I built this to first bring the datasets together and remove those where the meeting was held before the closed deal.

Then I simply calculated if the ones remaining were within 30 days, joined them back to the primary group and bob's your uncle.

mceleavey_0-1621362893316.png

mceleavey_1-1621362922744.png

Hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

Labels