Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

SUM IF FORMULA

malcorr
8 - Asteroid

Hello Everyone!

I have the below set of information (you'll find the full list on the "Input" file i'm attaching).

I'd need to convert everything into 2 new columns by "Entity Code" that perform a formula similar to a sumif, as follows:

• First new column: If the "Year" is "2017" and "Account Code" is "CFCFPTI2" and "Adjustment Type"  is "Transition Tax 965(a)", then sum the amounts in "FC Amount"
  • Second new column: If the "Year" is "2017" and "Adjustment Type" is "E&P Original Record" and "Subpart F type" is "PTEP 965(a)-959(c)(2) or "PTEP 965(a)-959(c)(1)(A)" then sum the amounts in "FC Amount" Column

malcorr_0-1597351403002.png

Please note these should be sorted by ENTITY, but Im attaching a "Desired output" file for you to see what i look for.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

A sumif can be replicated through a filter and a summarize tool. Essentially, you'll want to filter for the records you'd like to sum. After that, you can use a summarize tool with any sort of group bys for the sum.

See attached for an example.

echuong1_0-1597352851661.png

Labels