Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Run workflow in Gallery through batch script

hima_shar
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am new to Alteryx. So need a quick help.

I created a workflow in designer and then saved it to my company's gallery.

Company is using Jenkins for scheduling. Hence instead of scheduling the workflow in alteryx server, I have been asked to schedule it through Jenkins. I learnt that Jenkins can trigger a batch script or can run a windows command which in turn will trigger the workflow.

Can anyone pls tell me how can I run this workflow ( which is saved in Alteryx Gallery) from windows command line or batch script?

Help will be much appreciated.

Regards

Himanshu

6 REPLIES 6
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@hima_shar 

This can be done with a third party scheduling tool; but not by saving the workflow to the Gallery.  You need to save it to a network file path which is accessible by the server.

If you aren't the server admin, you'll need to contact the server admin and get the controller token.

In your batch script, use this:

addtoqueue=\\UNC\location\of\workflow\to\schedule.yxmd,ServerName,Controller Token,true

hima_shar
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @patrick_mcauliffe. It is helpful.

Regards

Himanshu

AndrewCrayford
8 - Asteroid

Will this open the workflow in the gallery or trigger the workflow automatically?

sneha_suresh_mestry
6 - Meteoroid

Is this solution worked? i have similar situation to execute alteryx workflow. Kindly update with any solution that worked.

hima_shar
8 - Asteroid

@sneha_suresh_mestry Sorry for late response. Is your issue still open or you have the solution now?

Lisander_P
5 - Atom

Is this still the case? Or have Alteryx worked on a usable solution?

We want to run a workflows after each other (Run Event After Run). But saving the second workflow local is not an option for us (security).

Thx for feedback!

Labels