Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Run the same workflow for multiple files

adcastil
5 - Atom

Hello,

I have created a workflow and need to run it on multiple files. Instead of resetting the input for every file, I've tried using a wildcard to pull all files within the same folder. The output combines everything into one excel. I would like each file to have its own tab within the same excel file. 

Any help?

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

This is a common request, that get's asked quite frequently. Here's one thread explaining how to do it,

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/How-to-output-multiple-tabs-within-a-s...

Or if you share some dummy data I can mock up an example on how to output to multiple sheets.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @adcastil 

This should be a pretty straightforward exercise:

1. In the input tool, make sure it's configured to take the file name as a field
  2. In the output tool, use that file name field as the tab name (or make a new field for your desired tab name) and configure it like the below screenshot. 

Luke_C_1-1650574319442.png

Labels