Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Reporting Tool formatting issue

rmc
7 - Meteor

Hello everyone, 

I need to build a report in Alteryx that needs to have a very specific layout and font. I am using the Report Text tool and despite I set the font to Microsoft SansSerif 10, when opening the output in Excel, the font is Arial 12 and actually, if I save and close my flow, when reopening it, the font settings are back to Arial 12. I have tried to set the font both in the Report Text tool and in the Render tool but same issue.

Does anyone have any hints on how to resolve this issue? Is there any better way to hard code the layout and font when creating a report with Alteryx?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Do you see any warning messages in your Results window regarding font? Sometimes if a particular font isn't support for whatever reason, there will be a message in the Results that mentions that.

rmc
7 - Meteor

Hi @CharlieS ,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. No, there is no warning at all, everything seems to run properly, but it actually does not pick the right font.

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I've also found that Reporting tools like to revert to the default font. Go to Options > User Settings > Edit User Settings > Localization and set the default font to Microsoft SansSerif there.

rmc
7 - Meteor

That made the trick! Thanks a bunch @CharlieS, very much appreciated!

Suraj07
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @CharlieS,

I followed the same which you mentioned in your post which almost helped me to get the output in "FS Thrive Elliot Regular" data font however, for the numeric field it's showing  different font type as "times-roman". can you please suggest some solution for the same and i want these field in numeric only. Thanks!

Labels