Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Report- Cross tab by month and separate to multiple files by name

PassION_es
9 - Comet

Hi,

I am looking for a way to add in my report the cross-tab tool for effective dates but change them with the following headers: Jun 2022, July 2022, etc..

Desired output are multiple files segregated by the name of the staff with file names in the following format:

Filename: AKING INA SAMPLE 1 as of August 31 2022

Staff name & "as of" reporting month (August 31, 2022) because this month (September) has not closed yet.

PassION_es_0-1662731188746.png

Kindly note that column B in the output is always "CC".

In the input file there are two staff, so the output should be two files per staff. (all dummy snapshots and file)

47 REPLIES 47
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@PassION_es I updated the workflow with the table tool and render tool. Attaching the workflow

binuacs_0-1663567634484.png

PassION_es
9 - Comet

Hello @binuacs  Good day, please resend yxzp. The downloaded yxzp has failed due to no file.  Thank you.

PassION_es
9 - Comet

hi @binuacs , I was able to open the yxzp file now.  The workflow runs sucessfully with formatted output.

Currently am trying to figure out why Total field is in the middle of the output when having this formatted output.

PassION_es_0-1663577962495.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@PassION_es I noticed that issue. It is because of the Table tool property, if any fields come which is already not there it will append after that last field. I am working on some alternative solution

PassION_es
9 - Comet

Hi binuacs, good day, if we turned the date time format into mm-yyyy and sort in ascending would the "Total" column becomes the first/last column among the dates? I run the workflow with the real data and it turned out that the "Total" field is now located in between dates (middle).  The process owner is already good with the "total" being the first column among those dates, if its not possible for the "Total" to be the last column in the report.  Thank you.

PassION_es_0-1664129716709.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@PassION_es Can you try the attached workflow, In the template inside the macro I created a dummy file with dates starting from 2021- 2023 when the workflow runs the Total will be the last field in the output file. If any other reports date falls under 2021 - 2023 then the Total field will come at the end of the report. If you feel that some of the dates going beyond 2023 you can add some dummy rows with higher dates inside the macro template. 

binuacs_0-1664208699259.pngbinuacs_1-1664208724189.png

PassION_es
9 - Comet

hi @binuacs , Apologies I've been busy this past few days due to month-end closing.  I tried the workflow and it runs well. Thanks for your continuous help.

Can you tell me where can I find the dummy file (for dates) inside the macro?  I've been searching for it the whole day. Is it embedded in one of the tools? 

PassION_es_0-1664602798021.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@PassION_es I used the attached sample for testing. You can use this file is the input for the macro input tool. let me know if you face any issues

PassION_es
9 - Comet

Hello @binuacs . Thank you I am good with the ordering/positioning of the dates. 

Currently the last part is to try incorporating a Header in each of the files using the Report Text Tool but it when generating the output, it only displayed the table. No header was displayed above the table same as below:

PassION_es_0-1664976372331.png

PassION_es_1-1664976418663.png

Thank you.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@PassION_es I made the changes in the workflow to reflect the text output

binuacs_0-1665007007944.png

Labels