Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Rename Generated Sheets of a Table Created with Reporting Tools

Cela
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

I am creating n-amount of tables via the basic table tool since I need to format those.

My issue is that I am having trouble to figure out whether it is actually possible to rename the sheets that are representing a table individually.

I would like to assign e.g. the alphabetic letters "A" up to "Z" instead of having them in my output file as "sheet1", "sheet2", etc. The column of reference would be in this example "Alphabet" and its 26 entries, giving me therefore 26 sheets..

The reason for this is on the one hand the current lack of a descriptive title for the sheets and on the other hand I need to split them into individual output later on anyways which would be much easier if I can refer to the previously mentioned column for the path.

Please let me know if there is any need for further input as this is my first question here :D

2 REPLIES 2
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Cela You can create a field for the sheet name and group by that field will get you the desired result

binuacs_0-1677226765797.png

Cela
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for your input! That works for what I described but I'm afraid I made a mistake when explaining the current situation:
I am basically receiving the entire input for creating the various tables from a single input data. I then transpose the input data so that, to pick your example, the column "Name" will be used as an indicator as to how many tables are supposed to be generated inside the macro. The content of those tables is being mapped in the macro itself to format the table the way I need it.

This means that each value from the column "Name" is being separated from one another before entering the macro so that they can be mapped to their other columns accordingly.

Any idea how I could solve this? Thank you for your time in advance!

Labels