Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Regex and multi-row formula help?

bzeringue
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Community!

Looking for help with Regex expression and possibly multi-row formula tools.

I have attached the input data and then what I am wanting.  Don't know if this is possible, but any suggestions are appreciated!

Basically looking to carve out the invoice number and then the associated customer name associated with the invoice number.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
binuacs
21 - Polaris

@bzeringue Can you provide the input file?

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @bzeringue 

Try to adapt the attached workflow.

transpose1.png

bzeringue
6 - Meteoroid

Input file attached.

bzeringue
6 - Meteoroid

Felipe,

I will try this and report back.

Thanks!

bzeringue
6 - Meteoroid

I get the following parse error when I try to use my input file.  Workflow attached.

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @bzeringue 

Another way for you :

录制_2023_08_08_10_08_17_502.gif

录制_2023_08_08_10_33_28_505.gif

ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Hi @bzeringue 

My workflow gives you another way to process your Invoice Register Detail; It parses the data in Header-Details and fields, the report data is organized in 3 sections (excluding report headers): Customer Record (this is the header); Detail Records (one to many per Customer) and Totals; my logic exclude the total and empty lines founr on the report, it generates two outputs, the first is the whole Customer-Orders Details, the second is the Customers-Orders Numbers.

Now, you can compare multiple techniques.

Hope this helps,

Arnaldo

bzeringue
6 - Meteoroid

This is fantastic!  Thank you guys so much.  Love the 2 outputs, @ArnaldoSandoval !

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels