Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Re: Data Cleansing

Honghao
5 - Atom

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your workflow. Actually I thought about creating row IDs, but I didn't know how.  Now I know there is a "Record ID Tool". interesting!

I tried to use the Sample tool, here is my workflow. It has the same result as yours.

However, just encoutered another problem.  The data type of the "Family Count" and "Person Count" was string.  They need to be changed to numeric in order to do calucations.  But if I change to int64, it shows only the number before the thousands Seperator.  Do you know how to change the data type?  Thanks again!

3 REPLIES 3
StephV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Honghao

Thank you for your question to the Community!

I moved your post to the Designer Discussions forum there you can ask anything technical about Designer and get more visibility. 

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers,

Steph Vitale-Havreng
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Honghao ,

an easy way is to remove the thousands separator as long as the field is a text field. I've added a Multi-Field Formula tool to do so. Let me know if it works for you.

Best,

Roland

Honghao
5 - Atom

Hi, Roland!

Thanks for intrucing me the Multi-Field Formula tool. I checked the workflow you sent me. All good.  Just need change the "." to "," in the expression, then it works.  

Honghao_0-1603283260737.png

Thanks again! 🙂

Labels