Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Python tool processing single request

Hemachandra
6 - Meteoroid

Hi 

i have to use  Python tool to download data from a SOAP based  XML web service and  i had to process multiple requests and passing those as input rows to python tool only 1 request got processed. I am new to this tool and python using it for the first time. This issue could be that way i am using the data frame.

Attached are screenshots:

1. input rows (browse tool)

2.output row (browse tool)

My Python code  which processes each XML request is :

import io
import requests
import pandas as pd
from ayx import Alteryx
from requests import Session

df = Alteryx.read("#1")
xml =df.iloc[0, df.columns.get_loc('xml_request')]

df = Alteryx.read("#1")
xml =df.iloc[0, df.columns.get_loc('xml_request')]

headers = {'Content-Type': 'text/xml'} # set what your server accepts
response = requests.post('https://yourendpoint.com?WSDL', data=xml, headers=headers, cert=('cert.pem','key.pem'),verify=True)

data = io.StringIO(response.text)
df2 =pd.read_csv(data, header=None)

Alteryx.write(df2,1)

am i supposed to be looping the code and create a data frame as an array before sending it out ?

Thank you

Hemachandra

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Hemachandra .

I don't suppose you can attach the workflow?

Hemachandra
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Philip,

yes, due to sensitivity of data and service details, i am unable to attach the workflow.

i understand how Python tool works now, it takes the entire input as a Dataframe and we have to handle the record set within the Python script and 

return a equivalent response arrary.

So i used a "For loop" to traverse and process each request and result was appended into a Dataframe array and return it through Alteryx.write(). 

Thanks

Hemachandra

Labels