Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Python frozen

Daniel
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi everybody.

I have a question, today I found Python frozen, it does not allow me to generate code in Alteryx within Python and I don't know why that is.

As you can see, the workflow does not appear.

I would appreciate it if you could tell me why this is and what I can do to fix it.

Thanks

Regards

Capture.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@Daniel Have you successfully used the Python tool on this machine before?

It looks like the embedded Jupyter notebook (which is separate, integrated process) is not able to start up.

If you have been able to use Python in Alteryx on this machine before, then what other applications do you have running at the same time?

It could be a conflict or a transient issue with the extension getting started.  What steps have you taken to try resolving (close the session? open a new session?  reboot?)?

Daniel
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Yes, until Friday I was working with Python correctly. I don't have any application running, I was only working in this task. Yes, I closed the 

session, opened a new session, I rebooted. I'm now working directly on Python. Do you have any other idea about what It could be?

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Open a command prompt (Windows Key + R --> type cmd)
Then copy and paste this in:
cd "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\envs\DesignerBaseTools_vEnv\Scripts\" && jupyter-notebook.exe

What does it do?

Daniel
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I got this: "The system cannot find the path specified"

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Did you install Alteryx to a non-standard path?

Daniel
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Sorry for the delay, this is the path: C:\ProgramData\Alteryx. I'm not sure if I have the correct Path. IT help me to install It 

Labels