Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Preserving format till specific row

VijayAnaparthi
8 - Asteroid

I have a Excel sheet which contain 200 rows.

I have Alteryx tool which producing 100rows, now i am using output tool to store these 100rows by overwriting above sheet also i am preserving a format till 100th row only and i am able to replace till 100th row with preserving format but problem is that even though i want only 100rows in the Excel but still it is showing 200rows because orginal sheet has 200rows. So now is there anyway i can remove those rows i.e 101 to 200.

4 REPLIES 4
PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @VijayAnaparthi 

1) Instead of overwriting the sheet, maybe you can make a new sheet within the excel files?

2) You can also Overwrite File (remove) if that is an option?

3) You can also bring the excel sheet into Designer, and use a sample tool to only keep the first 100 rows and then output to the same sheet.

This will need to be run first, then run your original workflow.

Hope this helps. If it does, please like the post and mark it as a solution. 

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @VijayAnaparthi , please try selecting the below option from the drop down and let me know if it helped:

grazitti_sapna_0-1670818459939.png

Sapna Gupta
VijayAnaparthi
8 - Asteroid

Above options won't work in my case. Because overwrite file(Remove) is removing all other sheets also in that file. Also overwrite file(Remove) options along with preserving format will not preserving colours in sheet.

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

@VijayAnaparthi - Here is what you can do:

ArtApa_0-1671171635380.png

Labels