Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Predicting Future Population

Brauliov1992
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am trying to predict the future population for male and female from China.  I currently have data showing population from 1950 to 2021 and would like to predict/forecast what the population would be in the following  50 years. 

The date I have reflects population by age group, from 0- 100 years both for male and female.

Could some one please help me on the correct tools or set up to predict the future population? 

thank you

Brauliov1992_0-1682888534600.png

Brauliov1992_1-1682888598252.png

3 REPLIES 3
ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Hi @Brauliov1992 

I suggest you attach your population source data.

Arnaldo

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @Brauliov1992 ,

It sounds like Time Series Forecasting tools are candidate solution.

Yoshiro_Fujimori_0-1682904295031.png

Please check this Interactive Lessons to see if it is applicable to your case.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/tkb-p/interactive-lessons/label-name/Time%20Ser...

Good luck.

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @Brauliov1992 

Attached is a starting point.

Kindly provide sample files - and we will provide some guidance for your use case.

Before that, please check this out (predictive modeling in the interactive lessons under Learn) Interactive Lessons - Alteryx Community

I hope you find this helpful - Cheers!

Labels