Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Populate values from fieldname in Drop Down tool

hansfinesse
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

This analytic app is from the resources from this interactive video lecture series: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Using-Analytic-Applications/ta-p/243106#done .

In the lesson, it shows the dropdown being configured to get the values of the airlines but I am unable to do the same. What is the fix to get all the values from a field to populate in dropdown other than getting the values by doing crosstab and dynamic rename? 

4 REPLIES 4
JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

Hi @hansfinesse 

What's your reason for not wanting to cross tab and dynamic rename to populate the dropdown? It's the dynamic way to do this is a single app.

If for whatever reason you didn't want or need it to be dynamic then you can just manually set the values to add the options in a list.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@hansfinesse One way of doing this

binuacs_0-1673438909112.png

hansfinesse
8 - Asteroid

Hi @JamesCharnley 

I was exploring if there were other ways of doing the same task. Because in the video it didn't show how the values were being populated in the drop down. Just wanted to check if I was missing something.

hansfinesse
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs thanks!

Labels