Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Pivot - Summarize

harithad1
7 - Meteor

I have the below kind of data and created a pivot table in excel (with hold status in columns and date status as true in filter). But when i use summarize tool in Alteryx, I'm not getting the desired output. 

RegionPersonPriceDate StatusHold Status
 A10TRUEFALSE
 B20TRUETRUE
 C30FALSEFALSE
 D40TRUETRUE
 C50TRUEFALSE
 A60TRUETRUE
 E30FALSETRUE

Pivot

Date StatusTRUE  

Sum of PriceColumn Labels  
Row LabelsFALSETRUEGrand Total
A106070
B 2020
C50 50
D 4040
Grand Total60120180
3 REPLIES 3
KGT
11 - Bolide

Normally the Summarise is the best way to replicate a pivot table, but in this case, you want a cross-tab.

Filter on Date Status so that you only have [Date Status] == TRUE.

Then if you want a column for each of False and True, a crosstab should do the trick.

harithad1
7 - Meteor

@KGT It worked. Thank you.

Also is there a way to combine this pivot with another pivot? Lets say i have aging buckets (1-30, 30-60 etc ) for the same set of customers. How can i combine various aging buckets (in columns) and the pivot used in the example?

KGT
11 - Bolide

If by combining with this pivot, you mean that they are just extra columns, then just use a formula tool to create the column and keep it as a key field in the crosstab. If you need to join them after the fact, then you need a unique key to join on, row labels for instance.

Labels