Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Pick up Excel Job Row by Row

npatela4
6 - Meteoroid

Hello

I am trying to automate a job by picking up an Excel sheet in a shared drive. When a row in the sheet is populated with pertinent information, the job gets executed in alteryx when the workflow is run. Eventually I am looking to schedule the workflow to run on its own, but for now I just need to get it to work.

So far I have a status column in the sheet, that will indicate that the job (row) is unfinished and needs to be picked up. Once the workflow runs all the way through, I am hoping to change the status to "Completed" for that row, so it won't get picked up for the next round. I also have a unique column for ticket number. I am hoping to get the workflow to read every unique ticket that is uncompleted, carry out the job (which is a query). 

My problem is if the 2 or more rows are populated at the same time, I need alteryx to read them one at a time. I am open to suggestions for other ways to automate this workflow.

Thank you

Neel

1 REPLY 1
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @npatela4 - This sounds like a use case for a batch macro. Please have a look at the following interactive lessons to learn how it works and how to design one: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/tkb-p/interactive-lessons/label-name/Macros 

Labels