Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

PDF to Excel data export issue

NiranjanK1
Astéroïde

Hi All,

im trying to export the PDF data as it is to Excel but it is not working as expected. Kindly help me to resolve this issue. I have attached expected Excel Output file.

Thanks

Niranjan

23 RÉPONSES 23
FinnCharlton
Pulsar

@NiranjanK1 , How are you importing the PDF into Alteryx? Can you share the flow / a screenshot of the flow?

NiranjanK1
Astéroïde

@FinnCharlton  I tried with all avilable workflows avilable in Alteryx community but im getting error. none of workflows are working. I just tried with forum workflow. i havent build any, not sure where to start. 

Deano478
Quasar

@NiranjanK1 for PDF inputs in general you will need to have Intelligence suit installed for you designer. 

FinnCharlton
Pulsar

@NiranjanK1 , https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Community-Gallery/PDF-Input/ta-p/887038

this one has always worked for me, have you tried it? If so, what errors are you getting?

Felipe_Ribeir0
Nébuleuse

Hi @NiranjanK1 

You could either use some public gallery tool/alteryx intelligence suite/python/R. The problem that this pdf seems to have is that it does not contains basic references for the tool to parse it, like gridlines and proper alignment. I believe that you would have problems with any selected tool because of this, the tool wouldnt know how to properly separe the column/rows:

Felipe_Ribeir0_1-1676549041942.png

So, if you can talk with someone to configure gridlines/proper alignment for these files, it will help a lot.

I was able to parse it using python + tabula library with the attached workflow. But as you can see, the tool is not knowing how to do the job properly because of the above commented issues:

Felipe_Ribeir0_2-1676549489109.png

NiranjanK1
Astéroïde

@Felipe_Ribeir0 Thanks very much for your inputs i will talk to them definitly . 

NiranjanK1
Astéroïde

@FinnCharlton Sure, i will chec, thank you

NiranjanK1
Astéroïde

@Felipe_Ribeir0 It is not working for me, Do i need to install any package

Felipe_Ribeir0
Nébuleuse

Yes, run Alteryx as admin, so this piece of code will be run properly:

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1676558784645.png

then change the directory tool to point to the directory that contains the pdf files and run the workflow.

Étiquettes