Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Outputting to an excel file from 5 separate data streams

NRD
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I have a situation where I need to have one larger excel workbook with  different tabs. Each of these tabs are coming from 5 separate data streams.

I have created the workbook successfully using the block until done tool but I cannot figure out how to order them in the way that I want. 

Can someone help me with how to dictate the order of 5 different sheets for 1 excel output?

1 REPLY 1
MattBSlalom
11 - Bolide

I'm not sure from your question if your workflow has 1 or many Block Until Done tools... Assuming the latter, multiple Block Until Done Tools on separate data streams are executed in the order that they were added to the canvas, based on the tool ID.

From the help documentation:

When 2 or more Block Until Done tools are on the canvas, Designer must evaluate which related data stream to run.

• Designer first determines the order in which each tool was added to the workflow using the tool's Tool ID.
  • Designer then runs the data stream that contains the tool that was added first.

If data streams are not running in the expected order, check the tool ID of the tools upstream from the Block Until Done tools. To check tool ID:

1. Select the tool.
  2. In the Configuration window, access the Annotation tab.
  3. Use ID to see what number is assigned to the tool. This number indicates the order in which the tool was added to the workflow.
Labels