Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output in specific order

Roche
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone, 

One of the options when updating a datateam table (from which denodo views are then updated) is "Append Existing".

Roche_1-1662553738726.png

Is it possible in the output tool to give an instruction as to where the data gets appended, i.e. at the top or the bottom?  The data automatically gets added at the end of the previous data.  I would like to see it append at the top. 

Thank you for helping, 

Rouche

1 REPLY 1
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Roche,

Interesting question I don't think Alteryx has a one click button for that. From what I understand a Database table is not a list it is a set therefore it has no inherent 'order'. To order it you need a column (for instance a date column which you can order by in queries). As its a set Inserts statements always just append to the bottom. What you could do is create a temporary table in the order you want and then overwrite the pre-existing table. 

Labels