Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output data into multiple files

Gilld
8 - Asteroid

Hi All, 

I am trying to export my data (see attached) into multiple excel files e.g. File name is 1234588968 and file contents as shown below: 

Poster_Frame_ID

Any ideas on the the best way to achieve this please? :) 

Thanks!

22 REPLIES 22
SorinDiaconescu
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Tom,

Let me share the entire picture:) . The xlsx flow works perfect as per the print screen. The CSV one give me this error

Error: Output Data (2): Error creating the file " H:\Group\HR Shared Services\4. Analytics & Insights_202\2018\03. Ad-hoc\ALTERYX\Reg1.cvs||| ": The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Any help is welcome.

JinoGeorge
7 - Meteor

I have used this logic and worked well for me. Now I need to duplicate 1 excel file into 10 and only of the sheet needs to split based on a field value, other sheets needs to be same in all the files. Any solution? 

cambiukpytou
5 - Atom

I am actually looking for the same thing. Except not by value, just by specific views of the data. Ultimately i am looking for a way the user can select the parameters of the SUM tool.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels