Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Outlook 365 Connector - Search Query inconsistency on 'Subject:'

Drezdent
6 - Meteoroid

I am on Designer 2021.4 using the Outlook 365 input v1.0.0

My issue is that the Search Query seems to work perfectly for 'From:' queries.  But when I try to apply a 'Subject:' query I get sporadic results.  I have a few email Subjects that the tool has no issue pulling in.  The number of words or characters in the 'Subject:' do not seem to be a factor as I have some single word and multi word queries that appear to work consistently.  But some I put in, and the tool simply will not pull the email into the flow.  I cannot determine a driving factor for this.  

To be clear, it is not that the query works one day, then the next day it doesn't. It either consistently works, or consistently doesn't.  For instance:

Query - Subject:Associate Detail Report - This will always pull in the email I am expecting

Query - Subject:Daily Proposed Report 2023 - This will never pull in the email I am expecting

I have tried to do partial subject, entire subject, single word, multi word, without numbers, with numbers, with attachment, without attachment...I simply cannot make a determination on why the tool is recognizing emails with some queries and not with others.  I know that not all outlook queries work with this tool.  But I do know I am using the 'Subject:' query successfully in some cases.  So I know it works.  If anyone has any insight at all, I would be eternally grateful for you assistance in understanding this.

2 REPLIES 2
Anu1989s
5 - Atom

Even I'm facing similar issue. Please let me know if you were able to fix this issue. 

bzimmer
5 - Atom

I am also having the same issues.

Have you had any luck searching on date? I can't figure that out either.

edit: Way to search between dates = "Received:01/01/2023..06/01/2023"

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/office/developer/exchange-server-2010/ee693615(v...

Labels