Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Organizing Journal Entries from G/L

mmccoy
5 - Atom

Hi All, 

I am trying to organize a client's G/L in journal entries that can be sifted through based on certain conditions. Is there a way to organize data by a certain condition to do this? 

Example: I want to look at all entries to a particular account (accounts payable). I could just filter based on that condition but then it would leave out the other side of the journal entry (supplies). I was thinking I could get a listing of every transaction associated with the account and fil. Is there a way I can extract the transaction numbers into a list and make a filter based upon the entire listing? Is there a way to get to the second snapshot where the accounts are nestled underneath each transaction number and i can still filter for account names. Any ideas?

mmccoy_0-1664152385741.png

mmccoy_1-1664152991818.png

3 REPLIES 3
Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

@mmccoy 

Find attached the way of extracting transaction N°.

Was that what you wanted to do?

Let me know if there is any issue and do not hesitate to mark this solution as answer if it helped.

Emmanuel_G_0-1664186595911.png

mmccoy
5 - Atom

Not quite what i'm looking for. In the first screenshot, there is a transaction number column and an internal account (fs caption). i want to look at every transaction accounts payable transaction. If i were to filter by the fs caption it would leave out the supplies item. I need a way to extract the transaction number and then do a filter with all of them (there are hundreds). So it would be a giant filter for which manually doing it is not possible. But if i could extract the list and filter the first column based on those hundreds of transaction numbers i think that will get me there. 

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

@mmccoy 

Ok that's clearer.

You can create a list of all transaction numbers using the summarize tool in the concatenate method (more details attached in the workflow).

The problem is that since you have more than a hundred transactions, the list may be truncated in the result window.

It is therefore necessary to export it in an excel sheet for example (I do it in the flow).

You can then copy/paste this list into a filter tool where you can make your filter.

Let me know if there is any issue or a concern for understanding. 🙂

Is it clear to you?

Emmanuel_G_1-1664202966852.png

Labels