Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Obtain deciles in one function or tool

ecai
5 - Atom

I know that I can use the "Summarize" tool to get a percentile.  However, what if I want the deciles?  I don't want to apply the Percentile function within the Summarize tool 10 times and enter the percentage rank each time.  I want one function or one tool that will provide the deciles (or any arbitrary set of evenly divided percentiles).

Is this possible in Alteryx?

By deciles, I mean the 10th percentile, 20th percentile, ... , 90th percentile, and 100th percentile.

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@ecai,

Please try using the TILE tool.  You can create deciles there.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
kth89456
5 - Atom

I have tried using the TILE tool, but I cannot keep the deciles to be used for further calculations. 

In short, I need to evaluate the deciles of multiple columns and then want to assign a value based on the decile of each column. The TILE tool appears to create a non-permanent naming that I can't use to assign a value. Can you help?

niv_data
5 - Atom

Hi,

Did you get a solution for your problem. I am facing a similar issue. I have grouped data based on a category and need to find percentiles (95,96,97,98,99) for a range of values for each of these categories.

Can someone help please ?.

Labels