Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need help with duplicate rows

ivoiculescu2020
8 - Asteroid

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all safe and healthy.

I need your help with the following problem: I have this file that list analysts and their assigned projects. However, some projects appear twice or 3 times with different analysts being assigned. I need to create a workflow that will show both the projects that have "unique" analysts assigned AND projects that have multiple analysts assigned (on separate spreadsheets).

I apologize in advance for my ignorance, I'm very new at this and still a lot to learn about Alteryx. I tried using the Unique Tool but I noticed that the duplicate list doesn't have ALL the duplicates but some of them. For example, project 1234567 shows up twice on the original file but it shows up on both Unique and Duplicate Lists. Or project code ABCDEFG shows up 3 times on the original file but it shows 1 time on the Unique list and then twice on the duplicate list.

Which tool do I need to use to completely separate those projects that have multiple analysts assigned?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Ioana

5 REPLIES 5
Blake
12 - Quasar

Hi @ivoiculescu2020 

I'm not sure if this is quite what you're looking to do but see the attached workflow for potential help with your problem. 

Blake_0-1588259341022.png

It would be very helpful if you could provide a small sample of your data anonymized so that the community can assist with this and get the solution that you need. 

Thanks, let me know if this helps! 

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @ivoiculescu2020 ,

you can use a Summarize tool to count the number of analysts, create a list of analysts by concatenating and generate sheet names to write to an Excel file.

30-04-_2020_17-08-34.png

I've attached a sample workflow. Let me know, if it works for you.

Best,

Roland

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Once again, very similar approach.

ivoiculescu2020
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Many thanks for your help with this question.

This is a test report that's very similar to the actual report I'm working with. I managed to use the Summarize tool. However, I need all the columns back on both spreadsheets (both the "unique analysts" spreadsheet and the "multiple analysts" spreadsheet). Do I use join tool for that?

Again, thank you for your assistance.

Kind regards,

Ioana

ivoiculescu2020
8 - Asteroid

Dear all,

I managed to resolve it with your help.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,

Ioana

Labels