Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need help on looping through csv file use data in the file and change the data in report

yashwanth354
6 - Meteoroid

Recently I got a requirement to  looping through data in csv file and use that data to be replaced in the report text and save the report as pdf with data from csv file.

Example :

Name , Bonus

Joe,2000

Jane,1000

Then name and bonus values should be replaced in report text and while saving it as pdf I need them to be saved as Bonus_Joe.pdf and Bonus_Jane.pdf separately.

I'm trying but no luck . Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

Hi @yashwanth354 , this is how I would approach this - is this what you're looking for?

FinnCharlton_0-1677507979399.png

FinnCharlton_1-1677507987722.png

yashwanth354
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much  @FinnCharlton  this works.

yashwanth354
6 - Meteoroid

Can we send these reports as attachments to emails in same workflow?

Example : Joe bonus reports should be sent to joe@mail.com, John  bonus reports should be sent to John@mail.com

yashwanth354
6 - Meteoroid

I got a small change in requirement

Example :

Name , Bonus, Email

Joe,2000,joe@mail.com

Jane,1000,jane@mail.com

I want Bonus_Joe.pdf and Bonus_Jane.pdf to be sent to joe@mail.com and jane@mail.com separately.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Labels