Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need help in building a Reconciliation between two data sets

mohit9garg
8 - Asteroid

Dear Experts,

I need your help in building a reconciliation between two data sets. I am attaching an excel example here but needless to say that actual data set is very large.

Thanks in advance.

Mohit

26 REPLIES 26
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I made the changes in the attached file. I also fixed a bug that occurred when only values in the 2nd input are available.

Let me know what you think.

Best

Alex 

mohit9garg
8 - Asteroid

@Grossal

I made the changes in the attached file. I also fixed a bug that occurred when only values in the 2nd input are available. >>> Sorry, I can't find any changes

Rest all looks ok

thanks.

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

You are welcome!

The key change is this Select Tool: 

grossal_0-1588621856964.png

In order to make the right values stay on the right side, I have to rename them, else the calculations get messed up. The change seems small, but is actually pretty huge when the Inputs contain different IDs and do not match exactly (maybe that's not the case and therefore everything looks fine).

grossal_1-1588621906982.png

You'll notice big difference if you reload my workflow and compare the results when you run it without the Select Tool.

Maybe everything is fine, but I had to point this out because it could cause big problems.

Best

Alex

mohit9garg
8 - Asteroid

@grossal 

my query is getting crashed again and again. Can we simplify this a bit.

Attaching screen shot of my query and errors.

regards

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @mohit9garg,

this looks like a minor bug: You need to use a Render-Tool behind the Table tool and not a normal Output tool. 

If you have further struggle with it, we could do a skype / teams / screensharing session to fix it together 😃 

Best

Alex

mohit9garg
8 - Asteroid

@grossal 

Thanks Alex for the quick solution. Is there any remedy for attached errors as well.

FYI I have 16GB RAM.

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

The Alteryx-Default RAM usage is set to 25% of total RAM -> 4 GB in your case. I am not sure if the error appeared because it wasn't able to allocate the 4 GB (because your system already used 12+ GB) or if it's not enough and 5 GB or more a required.

You could try to allow Alteryx to use more RAM. 

Options -> User Settings -> Edit User Settings -> Default 

grossal_0-1588774048891.png

grossal_1-1588774081622.png

You should see something like 4096. 

Check your system memory before your next run and monitor it will the workflow runs. This should help us to figure out what's wrong.

Best

Alex

Labels