Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Multiple inputs only after workflow has been completed

StefanusJPK
6 - Meteoroid

Hi

I have an excel with various sheets which I want to perform a workflow on.

I want to import sheet 1, complete the workflow and write it to an output. Then only do I want Sheet 2 to import, complete the workflow and write to a separate excel sheet/file and so on and so on.

Can someone please help me.

I used the dynamic input but it immediately imports all the sheets to one sheet and then starts the workflow.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you

StefanusJPK

1 REPLY 1
DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

hi @StefanusJPK 

There are a few options. Without knowing the specifics, you can try:

1) The Block Until Done tool. https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/block-until-done-tool which basically put the procedures on a "queue" where the procedures in the 2nd queue cannot start until the 1st queue is done and so on...

2) Use Batch Macro. I assume that 1) you are familiar with Batch macro already, 2) there is only 1 input file with multiple tabs that you want to extract data from, 3) for each different tabs, you want to repeat the same procedures, but output to different file/tab. In this case, you need only have 1 macro input in your batch macroy .yxmc file. 

- Connect the file you want to process into the "input" anchor.

- Get the list of sheet names > connect to the "inverted question" anchor. The input to the inverted question should include at the minimum: (i) the list of sheet names that you want to read from, and (ii) the path of where you want to write your output too.

Hope this makes sense.

Dawn.

Labels