Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple Excel Sheets

NiranjanK1
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I have an excel file with multiple sheet names. I want to read all excel sheets information. I have tried with community examples it is working on my desktop. when i move same workflow to shared folder. it is not working. I have tried with multiple ways examples avilable in community. Please suggest any other way can i read all sheets details.

Thanks in Advance,

Niranjan

25 REPLIES 25
NiranjanK1
8 - Asteroid

@jdminton I have tried with this option same error 

NiranjanK1
8 - Asteroid

@caltang it is working fine in download folder. When I moved it to shared folder and updated full path. I'm getting this error

jdminton
12 - Quasar

I was referencing this issue:

"I have try it, but they are using only one sheet. I have multiple sheets details how to use same logic. I have implemented but it is reading only one sheet information. Please suggest me."

Can you share your workflow and macro so we can see the error? 

NiranjanK1
8 - Asteroid

@jdminton I do not access to send email/upload. I am replying from my mobile. As per that link I have tried but not sure when we have multiple excel sheet how to implement the logic. Some how I have tried it but I got only kne line of record.

jdminton
12 - Quasar

The way that the macro is set up in the images shared by caltang is missing a check in the checkbox, as I mentioned earlier. It looks like it only works in the downloads folder because the file being referenced in the macro is the same as the input in the workflow. Once you change that to match the file you desire, the macro will not work correctly without updating that check box. Make sure that the check box highlighted below is checked and that the string below matches the string near the top. After you save these changes, the macro should work correctly. I put in a different file to test, so your file may be different.

Snag_31226e2.png

Snag_31261c8.png

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@NiranjanK1 did @jdminton and I help you solve your issue? Kindly mark it as an accepted solution to close the thread.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
Labels