Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi-row Formula with multiple criteria

Jholiday78
7 - Meteor

Hi there,

I am half way to solving my issue but just can't get the formula correct.  Here's what I am trying to accomplish using these three fields to assign a 1 or 0 to the new field.

• If [customer] is equal to the [customer] in the next row but the [FindNearestRank] and [DistanceMiles] is not equal then 1 else 0.
  • If [customer] is equal to the [customer] in the next row and the [FindNearestRank] and [DistanceMiles] is equal then 1 else 0.

Basically, I am trying to group the same [customer] if they are also grouped by [FindNearestRank] and [DistanceMiles] assign 1.  If they are in the same grouping, then I only want to count them once.

In the example, I have included a column for my [Desired New Field].

Thanks in advance for you assistance.

Jessica

2 REPLIES 2
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Jholiday78,

I think all you needed was to remove the [Customer]!= [Row-1:Customer] check. I have this as the formula:

IF [FindNearestRank] != [Row-1:FindNearestRank]
AND [DistanceMiles] != [Row-1:DistanceMiles]
then 1 else 0 ENDIF

IraWatt_0-1656425250685.png

Any questions or issues please ask :)
HTH!
Ira

Jholiday78
7 - Meteor

Thank you!  That worked.  I guess I didn't need to specify that info in the IF statement because I grouped it by [customer].

Labels