Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Multi Row Formula

mehu75
6 - Meteoroid

Hello all.

Please see attached. Outcome is as desired.

If the Ef amount is >0 and no other entry for the same account number then 1

if Ef mount <0 and no other entry for the same account then 0

if sum ef amount =0 then +1 for +ve number and -1 for the -ve number

if sum ef amount <>0 then +1 for +ve number and 0 for the -ve number

I used Multirow formula and bunch of either weird things to get to the result(column name=New Field), but when you look at the last Policy # ( J) it is should show -1 and +1 for ef amount =-49514 and 49514 and +1 for  24757, but it is not doing so. any help will be appricated. I would like to see if someone can show me how to solve all these in alteryx, I created like a union join on the same table one for +ve number and 1 for -ve number.

1 REPLY 1
Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

This took me a couple of attempts to see what you were trying to do.  I've left my first attempt in the attached so you can see how I initially interpreted it if you're interested!

I think the reason you're not getting the result you want for policy J is that the matching value positive and negative rows aren't consecutive.  Rather than a multi-row formula, I've used tile tools to match up values that should show +1/-1 (I think) then assigned all the values in a single formula.  The tile tools are important if there are repeating values.

Labels