Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Multi-Row Formula Confusion: Inequality combined with Aggregation Expression

livingja
7 - Meteor

Hello Alteryx Community,

I'd like to use the Multi-Row Formula to look at a column's next row in comparison to the current row, and create a new column that only displays value if these two rows are at least a value of 10 apart from each other.

What I have right now looks like this: 

IF(([Row+1:Value] - [Value]) < 10)

THEN

NULL()

ELSE

[Value]

ENDIF

This is populating a new field called "Value Increase".

All of these fields are Int16.

Right now it doesn't seem to be working, and my output is populating all of my newly created column's values as NULL.

Any help in trying to get this to work would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
19 - Altair

I don't see this as an issue on the formula end. So: 1) can you post some sample data of your [Value] column. 2) Is amp off (Amp shouldn't be effecting this - but whatever?). 3) can you swap this into a delta field and then see what kind of values you get?

Row+1:Value] - [Value] should give you a deltafield.

livingja
7 - Meteor

I figured out my issue. I split my calculation into a multi-row formula that just performed the subtraction for a column called "Value Difference":

Row+1:Value] - [Value] 

Next I added a formula tool which stated to calculate my inequality expression in a new column called "Value Increase" :

IF([Value Difference]<10)

THEN

NULL()

ELSE

[Value Difference]

ENDIF

Not entirely sure but in any case this worked while one multi-row formula tool did not.

Thank you for your response.

Labels