Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Multi Field

suby
11 - Bolide

Hi,

Attached the workflow and Test Data.

I'm using one of the solutions provided earlier this week on my old posts. but need help with 

Say in my new data set attached i have a another column 'No of Days to Reporting Month' which holds the value of -10

When i transpose the Data using your method it includes this 'No of Days to Reporting Month' and the Flag is set to 1 where i don't want this to happen.

what I'm looking for is i  want to use your existing  solution provided and on top of it i  don't' want the Flag to be set to 1 for the  'No of Days to Reporting Month' column also i don't want any filters by hard coding to exclude this column since I'm using your solution on a  batch macro where your solution runs on multiple sheets so is there a dynamic way of doing this without hard coding.

7 REPLIES 7
Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

@suby ,

Hope you're fine.

Please can you provide sample of output you want for this input please ?🙂

suby
11 - Bolide

Hello Emmanuel,

I'm good thanks i have highlighted the cell in the attached excel were i want that highlighted in yellow should be set 0 not 1.

Because i want to exclude the column 'No of Days to Reporting Month' 

Note  - After implementing your solution i came across this new column No of Days to Reporting Month'  In my data set which holds the value -10 so based on the transpose logic you provided it incudes this column now.

I don't want any hard coded filters to restrict 

Thanks

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

@suby 

So If I understand, If "No of Days to Reporting Month" field has -10 value, The flag must not take into account the negative value of Product_ID and must have the value 0 by default?

suby
11 - Bolide

No i think we need the flag to be set for PRODUCT ID which has got a value -12 which is perfectly fine.

I don't want to include the "No of Days to Reporting Month" to be a part of your transpose logic but i just realized by looking at the data there could be a possibility that both the PRODUCT ID and "No of Days to Reporting Month" could hold '--' minus values.

but i want to exclude the '"No of Days to Reporting Month"' in your transpose.

This is getting tricky when it comes to real data.

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

@suby 

By defaut, In the transpose tool, I ignored the "No of Days to Reporting Month" column as shown in the screenshot below. Whatever columns are added, they will not be taken into account in the transpose tool because the dynamic or unknown column box is unchecked. So only CUSTOMER NAME and PRODUCT ID will be taken into account in data column and RecordID in key columns.

suby
11 - Bolide

Hi Could you please provide the workflow and the screen shot is missing.

Just to add the "No of Days to Reporting Month" is not a New column added to dataset its an existing column.

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

@suby 

My bad ! Please find attached the screenshot that describes my previous message.

Emmanuel_G_0-1658518484809.png

Labels