Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi-Field Filter?

PWaicus
7 - Meteor

Hi, all:

Is there a way to filter on multiple fields across more than 1 record?  In my sample data there is a [User] field - each user could have any number of records (i.e., [User] is "Joe" for records 1-2, "Mike" for records 3-4, and "Bob" for records 5-8).  There is also an [ID] field with value of either "ACT-01" or "ACT-02".  This sample data is representing a system access list, where any users who have records with the [ID] of both ACT-01 and ACT-02 would create an access risk.  For example, if a user has 10 records in the dataset, but all 10 have [ID] value of ACT-01, none of those 10 records would be identified, whereas if a user has 3 records and 2 of those have [ID] value of ACT-01 and 1 with [ID] value of ACT-02, it would represent a risk and identify all three of those records. I know I could use a Unique tool, but that would only identify the first record, and in my real dataset there could be dozens of lines with the same User.

Sorry if this is confusing - the attached workflow has a desired output also.  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
PeterA1
Alteryx
Alteryx

Here is one way I cooked up to solve it. 

Essentially there isn't any out of the box tool that does this, but can be easily done using a few other ones, namely Summarize, a filter on the count and then just joining back in by the desired identifiers.

Feel free to reach out with any questions!

PWaicus
7 - Meteor

Thanks much, @PeterA1!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels