Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

MongoDB Backup | Analytic app

EN6924
10 - Fireball

Hi All,

The Alteryx server's MongoDB backup can be created using this below mentioned scripts and stored in the proper location (Set by me), but I will need to manually run it each time by logging into the server.

EN6924_0-1684943274455.png

EN6924_1-1684943673730.png

How can I make it automated? How can I use the Run command tool to achieve the use of the works of this script? Will the analytical app I make work with Alteryx Gallery? Can I run/schedule it at any time?

Please help me to create a workflow.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @EN6924 

You can't backup the Alteryx server MongoDB from a workflow running on the same server.  The first line in your script is 

D:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxService.exe" stop 

This line tries to stop the Alteryx service, but the service won't stop since there is an active job on the server, i.e. the job that is running the script.   

If you want to schedule an automatic backup for your MongoDB use the windows task scheduler, or an external scheduling service.

Dan  

Labels