Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Merging Two Datasets based off of Record ID

sjk88
5 - Atom

Hi,

This seems like such a straightforward thing to do, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. I have a very large dataset (over 70,000 rows of data) and my goal is to clean it so I only have the record IDs that have multiple time points. Most of the data is just baseline information that I want to remove.

So far I used the filter to create two datasets, one with all the baseline data (Dataset A) and one with the three other time points (Dataset B). I am now trying to match the baseline data back with the time point data by record ID. The issue is that not all the record IDs have the same time points. So one record ID might have data at baseline, 1 month and 6 month and one might have baseline and 1 year. 

In summary, all I want to do is remove any Record IDs that only have information collected at baseline and keep records with information collected at baseline and 1 or more of the other time points. Any suggestions on what to do? I have my old dataset with all the data still combined if I need to start over. 

Thanks!!

1 REPLY 1
Adriankp
8 - Asteroid

Could you share your dataset or an example of the data you're using, to get a better picture of what you're trying to do?

Labels